Friday, June 11, 2010

Memory Fabric

Here it is! The first post! I figured that if I'm going to open an online vintage shop on Etsy, why not start a style blog, too? I'm pretty sure that I'm embarking on something that is going to be a lot more work than I even realize, but possibly also very fun. Hopefully.
So, I don't have any outfit photos yet, but I can tell you a little bit about myself. I don't think I discovered or even cared about fashion until I was fourteen. By then, I had already passed through my punk/teenage rebel and tomboy phases and was ready to look like an adult, whatever that means. But my quest for grown-up clothes led me down an interesting path of twists and turns, and I became more interested in what was different and unique. Going to high school in Manhattan certainly had something to do with it. What that something is, I'm not quite sure, but for now I will refer to it as a "feeling." It was this feeling I got from the culture and the people I grew up with and complete fashionable strangers...that it was important to dress for yourself. So much of who I am goes into what I decide to wear on different days, that I've come to understand fashion as being one of the most important forms of self expression. People form their likes and dislikes and preferences from memories and experience...so, if you think about it, every clothing item is made out of some kind of awesome memory fabric.
And that's why vintage appeals to me. There is a story behind each piece that you can only guess at. The mystery is exciting!

So there's tons of stuff to come if you choose to keep reading. Soon, I think I will post a preview of some shop items and shop photos.
Also feel free to:
Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments: