Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wishful Remembering

I've been quite taken by the Morning Benders for some time now...they recently had a free concert on Governor's Island in New York City and I'm so sad that I couldn't go because of work-type obligations... I was so psyched for it, too, because Governor's Island is quite possibly one of my favorite, lesser known places in New York.  Determined to go on a picnic with real grass and sun, my friends and I (sometime before the start of eleventh grade? earlier? later? who can say?) woke up early, made/bought delicious foods, and took the free ferry over to the island. While there isn't really much there, aside from a few Coast Guard buildings, there is plenty of grass and spectacular views of the water and city skyline. We had a particularly good spot and it was a great day!! We wanted to make it into some kind of yearly tradition, but sadly that never happened. What did happen? Who can say?
So anyways, the Morning Benders are fantastic, and not just because the lead singer/song writer is likely to be half-asian. Check out these two videos below.


Yours Truly Presents: The Morning Benders "Excuses" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


Yourstru.ly Presents: The Morning Benders "Stitches" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.

No comments: