Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Photo Shoot and Item Preview!

Oooh, is it a time for firsts! Early this morning, my lovely friend and model, Helen, came over to my neighborhood to shoot some of the photos for the shop. I only had about two and a half hours to shoot half of my inventory, so we were certainly on a time crunch (We spent the first half hour eating breakfast at a local cafe, but in any case, we were rushed!). But thankfully, our dedicated and quirky friend, Samson, was there to help along the way: he carried clothes, wore bags, and had about ten clips attached to his shirt. At first we thought it would be okay to keep going from the street back up to my apartment to change...but quickly we discovered this was far too time consuming. We grouped outfits together that were easy to change into and out of in series, and headed to the very sketchy basement of my building. We then proceeded to find a secluded hallway and dress Helen up as quickly as we could. I know that it's a little weird...my building's super even stopped us once, asking us if we needed help...he was pretty confused. However, it was very successful.
Helen looked so freakin' cute it was hard for some people on the street to stomach. She got lots of awkward looks and stares from old people in the park and passersby...and we hadn't even begun taking photos! I think that after seeing Helen's get-up, the older ladies in the park began pining for the olden days of their youth. What a nice thought.
It got a little scary with the weather while we were out there. It drizzled at one point, but we ignored it and it went away (thanks to us and our powers of ignorance!! (heh.)) Anywho, the whole shebang came out way better than I ever could have hoped for. So I just want to take time out to thank my not-awkward model and awesome helpful assistant friend.
I've posted four over-edited photos from todays shoot. These are a little more artsy than the ones that will appear in the shop, but I thought that I might as well have fun with it. All of the products featured will be available when the shop opens....on a date TBA....





No comments: