Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June Wishlist

Ahh...July is almost here and that also means the summer is half over.  While it hasn't exactly gotten that hot here yet, I'm already thinking about fall clothes and colder weather.  But it really is way too early for that, so to get my mind back on track, I decided to show you some of my favorite items of June...things I would buy if I could...I think I might make this into some kind of recurring blog post on my blog. 
 Left to Right: ModCloth $107.99, Anthropologie $128, Anthropologie $138, ModCloth $51.99
These dresses are perfect! My absolute favorite is the red, white, and blue one from Anthropologie (perfect for watching fireworks on the 4th of July).  It also has an open back and an adorable bow...I actually got to try this on the last time I was in an Anthro...and it fit so wonderfully! I hope it goes on sale soon! I love the dresses on the ends, too, because they seem to transcend seasons...I can see myself throwing on a pair of tights or stocking underneath and wearing them all winter long. The second dress is not polka dotted, but rather polka squared...! Its unique and beautiful and casual.
Left to Right: Urban Outfitters $48, ModCloth $47.99, Anthropologie $98, F21 $27.80
I've recently begun to re-embrace shorts. I could never really find a pair that I liked or that looked good on me...Shorts just seemed like a boring staple or something you sleep in.  But it seems like people are starting have much more fun with their shorts! All the patterns and interesting cuts and bows from this past season were very refreshing. I am also pretty happy that the whole "scalloped edge" thing is catching on.  I wish I could have called it, but I got really into scallop edged clothing like a year ago, when there really wasn't much to pick from.  While I'm not too sure I'm the kind of girl to wear something shiny and silver like the dress above, I do love the shape and tiers of the dress! And isn't that crystal and gem encrusted bicycle necklace THE BEST?
Well, apart from shopping online, what else have I been doing? For one, I went to the Massachusetts RMV (why they didn't just use DMV like the rest of the country, we'll never know) and converted my current NY State learners' permit to a Massachusetts one.....making me an official resident of the state of Massachusetts! However, if you ever ask me where I'm from, I will say New York because I love being a New York and did live there for the first twenty years of my life. 
Other than that, I have been house bound for the entire week, while taking antibiotics for this thing I have on my right pinky finger.  I apparently got some kind of chemical burn which got infected, and now I'm in quite a bit of pain.  Luckily, the antibiotics I got yesterday should kick in soon, and get me back up and running in a day or two.  
I I feel up to it...I might even publish my first style post for the blog! Yay!

No comments: