Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I thought I'd do a post on some of my favorite non-vintage shops on Etsy. I've tried list some stores that have truly unique items...stuff that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else...Just to put an image in your mind: I am sitting at the dining table (in Worcester) typing away, whilst my cat is sitting on the table, haunched over a plate, gnawing away at uneaten pizza crusts from lunch. And now he is trying to drink my iced tea!

Bake it Pretty
For those of you who know me, you probably know that I love to bake awkwardly colored cupcakes and cakes.  Teal and lavender icing cupcakes and green tea, strawberry, and chocolate tricolor cake are just two of the awkward, yet delicious things I have made. Perhaps if I invested in some of these delightfully awesome cupcake wrappers...I might satiate my need for color! These pictures pretty much speak for themselves.

Decoy Lab
I can't say that people have much use for clocks anymore, what with cell phones and alarm clocks and the like. But if I ever needed a clock, these Decoy Lab analogs would be my first choice! My favorite is probably the faux-cuckoo clock...the hardest part is picking which color you like best!

Nothing Elegant
Nothing Elegant has some of the freaking cutest packing materials and office supplies you will ever see. If you are really into paper and tape like I am, this shop will be your mecca. And if you aren't, well, this shop will make you want to be. Search through this shops many pages and find everything you will need for next semester!

Valhalla Brooklyn
Valhalla Brooklyn is definitely out of my price range right now, but if you are willing to invest (around $300), they have some of the best looking handmade leather bags out there! Simple shapes, brass hardware, pockets...what more could you need?

Thief & Bandit

Thief & Bandit is a fun shop filled with colorful braided headbands, tiered necklaces, and really cool t-shirts. What's ridiculous is that I just realized I never learned how to spell the word "thief" properly. Poo. You can also find their stuff at Need Supply Co.

Nadinoo
Nadinoo has some of the most delicate and prettiest clothes I have ever seen. Both pictures above are from the current summer collection...filled with pastels, florals, and art deco inspired patterns.  I particularly love the "petal" collared shirt. How interesting and unique!

I have always been a fan of the mary-jane and these canvas ones from The Generation take the cake. Eco-friendly, pretty, and seemingly durable these flats look perfect for everyday wear.  I think I might snag a pair of the olive green flats with the thick satiny ribbon!

Kate Durkin
These pillows are so cute! I actually got a small coral colored owl (it was one of my first Etsy purchases)...and while the owl is cute, my favorite part is the fabric on its back...little houses with coral roofs and little green trees, all nestled into a hillside. They are incredibly well-made and comfortable, and will look great in your dorm room or wherever!

Whitney Smith Pottery
I've already mentioned that I love to bake, but the one thing I don't have is a proper cake stand. Whitney Smith Pottery carries lots and lots of them! And they are perfect because they have birds sitting on them, little flowers, branches, and come in various sizes.  Don't you love the single cupcake stands? Impractical, yes, but just so magical!

No comments: