Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mainly Maine II

So I'm back from my short vacation in Maine....and now it's time to get back to work. I've gotten quite a few inquiries about items while I was away, and I just want to thank those people for their interest (though they probably won't read this)! It makes me believe that I'm doing the right thing and am not wasting my money (hooray!).
Here are some photos I'd like to share from the trip. It was a lot of fun...
On the trip up we stopped at the first rest stop in Maine; while I caressed the lovely green lobster, someone else did something slightly less appropriate.
Our July 4th was crowded and hot, but just as magical as it was last year (at least it wasn't thunder storming). Tons of people flocked to Bar Harbor and covered the shoreline with blankets and lawn chairs...or just sat on the ground or on the rocks of the beach. Perhaps next year, we will watch the show from the water.
 We saw a new kind of firework that we hadn't seen before....It was like a sparkler and a willow tree firework combined. It was great! When we got home, we had some fireworks of our own...
The next day we went to Cadillac Mountain....I've been there what seems like a million times, but it pretty much never gets old.  From the top you can see all the surrounding islands, the bar, the town, pretty houses, and all the little lobster boats.
After that, we decided to return to Southwest Harbor to complete our raspberry pie mission. We returned repeatedly to the Little Notch Bakery to no avail...Luckily we got it on our last day...unfortunately I have no pictures of said pie, because we basically devoured it on sight. Well, after we left the bakery pie-less, we drove to Manset and went to play at the dock.
Sunset was approaching (though slowly) and so we decided to then drive to the lighthouse.  There was this huge this huge tree that had fallen over and been uprooted. The shoreline was beautiful, but as always, scared me a little bit, because I never wear the right shoes for any situation and afraid of slipping and falling.
On the way home, we stopped at an alpaca farm. I love alpaca...why? They are soft, gentle, they've got big eye lashes, and they don't make too much noise. The perfect pet! If I ever have a spare $12,000...I'll get myself a nice peach colored alpaca. There was a really cute one named Mimosa...the alpaca farmer saw her in the barn and exclaimed, "Mimosa, you've got poop on you!!" We also tried on some alpaca wool hats!
I think it looked better on me. Ahhh, well....time to go back to work. All I can think about is school right now...only two months left until school starts again.
Hopefully, I will squeeze out another shop update this weekend. I've got plenty of dresses, but no model, so I might give hangers a try!

No comments: