Sunday, July 11, 2010

July Wishlist

It seems like all the contemporary stores are gearing up for fall, forcing me to dream about wearing darker colors, tights, jackets, and boots. But with the tightening of my budget, I've also begun thinking about getting pieces that I can wear now (in the hot, sweltering summer) and in the fall/winter with cardigans and tights. Here are some vintage items exclusively off Etsy that I've had my eye on....

1.The perfect white skirt should be a staple for the summer...but I still don't have one yet! This redesigned vintage skirt from Salvage Life is so perfect in its details! It would be an investment, but probably a worthwhile one. Something like this never goes out of style.







2. A cute little green cardigan will brighten up any drab fall, winter, or summer outfit. As soon as I get my next paycheck, I'm gonna snag this one!








3. I would like a pair of shoes just like these...unfortunately these sold before I could get my hands on them. Some call them buckle oxfords, or buckled brogues...They are fantastic!








4. Polka dots are making a comeback ...not that they really ever left, but that they are quite prominent in this fall season. I've always loved polka dots (not as much as stripes, but still) and this mustard colored dress seems great for the summer-fall transition period.







5. The two-in-one dress hasn't always been my favorite, but when it is between wearing this or separates (in a work-type environment), I would chose the dress any day!














6. I really want a cape! I think that this would be a really nice thing to have in the fall...perfect for chilly nights and brisk days.









7. A corduroy dress seems like a good, warm idea for the fall and winter, and while I normally might not buy one...this one really stand out to me because of its awesome dark magenta color!










8. Perhaps a bright floral dress (this particular one, I would hem)  could make it all the way through the fall and winter? In the fall, I can wear a cardigan with it...and once it gets a bit colder, I'll throw on some tights or stockings.  It might just be a nice way to remind people that spring is only a couple months away.








No comments: